Friday 19 June 2009

yes Maria

I'm under strict orders from Maria to stop mooning about with a dopey grin and absoloutly no ability to concentrate, to spill the beans on why and how spinster Jenny suddenly ended up in a relationship!

Well, after an afternoon of sitting in my friends garden signing off men forever, I went out on the town with my best friend Linda. We chatted, danced, drank way too much and in the early hours of the morning I came downstairs in the bar and just met the eyes and smile of Jon. He's the friend of my friends cousin or something. We clicked, were both a little drunk, went back to his, got friendly at dawn after tallking and listening to music all night and havnt really been apart since! You know all those cliches? All true. All the songs you here on the radio, all about us. He's funny, a grown up, intelligent, divorced-no kids, wants kids-me too, and unlike most men in my town he is not an egotistical prat! Its hard to explain without sounding twee but its when you realise that every other relationship has been forced and rubbish, when its right, its right, its natural, its makes you feel calm yet excited. You plan your future without even realising it, the day after we met we were making plans six months in the future. You just know.

No comments:

Followers


jemimasramblings - Blogged

My time

to email me...


L and I 1997

L and I 1997

Dumpling!

Dumpling!