Monday 7 September 2009

First Day Back At School

Lolly was up showered and away before I even opened my eyes, I have a vague memory of saying goodbye and questioning whether she had taken her freshly printed bus pass from the hallway shelf, but Dumpling and I got up a little later. We bathed and he got dressed in all new uniform, very cute, then by the time we got downstairs for breakfast his friend from across the road who I've offered to take to school each morning as I already pick him up each day was waiting at the door! He came in to play while we finished getting ready and then we set off, me carrying all the lunchboxes, PE kits, book bags etc while they whizzed along the pavement on their scooters. Dumpling was fine until we rounded the corner into the playground and then his face turned pale and he grabbed for my hand, first day back nerves had just struck. He took it well, I gave him a big hug and sent him in, told him I'd wait to make sure he went in OK, so mature, before now, going back in has been hard and we've had a few tears and had to gently peel him off me and pass him to his classes teaching assistant but this year he took it on the chin, its his last year and he's one of the oldest in the whole school now, it shows and I'm proud of him!

No comments:

Followers


jemimasramblings - Blogged

My time

to email me...


L and I 1997

L and I 1997

Dumpling!

Dumpling!

Blog Archive