Saturday 5 January 2008

ok, quick post, no time for anything at the moment!

We are taking in 4 ex-battery hens on monday, god knows what state they will be in but they will live a better life with us! Have spent the day preparing for their arrival, reinforcing the run, adding padlocks to the coop, scrubbing out the animal carriers for when we go and collect them etc, very tired but very pleased its all done. We still have the 2 chicks, growing every day and so cute! Theres 11 eggs in the incubator, don't know how many will hatch, the boys will be given away and if we get too many I know plenty of people who will take them, belong to many animal online groups and forums now! Small world, went to a friends house last night and realised that their friend was someone I had talked to online about hatching chickens!

Nemo has had an awful upset stomach, having been cleaning up and scrubbing my hands for days now, seems to be on the mend, if he didn't eat everything he sees including leaves, newspaper and anything gross he wouldn't keep getting this!

****************************

Lolly is having a great social life at the moment and looks so mature, at 13 she could pass for 18 or 19 at times, in a nice, good mature way, not a tarty way. She went to the cinema at lunchtime yesterday with a boy who is a friend, not a boyfriend, she's made that clear! And then bowling and a meal with school friends in the evening and a close friends birthday party tonight, wish I got to go out as much!

****************************

Both kids are back to school in a couple of days,I love having them around, its been a great holiday but am looking forward to a few hours by myself! I like pottering around the garden talking to the dog and chickens and can go shopping and browse without two children filling my basket or trolley with all the trinkets they want!

****************************

I turned 33 on Thursday, feels weird, thats a grown up age and I'm mentally about 16! Bought myself an MP4 player, love it, so cute and plays video, 2GB, can put all my music and videos and photos! Gadget heaven!

No comments:

Followers


jemimasramblings - Blogged

My time

to email me...


L and I 1997

L and I 1997

Dumpling!

Dumpling!