Monday 26 March 2007

MICE!

We have mice!!! I love small furry things but only if invited and kept in cages! My lounge is an old basement converted so it is underground, the garden backs onto a park and there are 5 takeaways at the top of my road, so a constant trail of chicken, chips, kebab meat etc is often left down my road for the rodent population to feed on. Now I'm not tidy, never have never will but I am clean, you wont find my toilets unbleached or my kitchen floor not clean but I dont mind the children having toys in the lounge and piles of books everywhere, its a balance and I like it but I am so so bad that we should have mice! I found a few droppings, didnt realise what they were, hoovered them up and thought nothing more about it until, a mouse shot across the floor one night, wow can they move?!?! I dont want to put poison down because of the risk to the children and pets and dont like killer traps as its me who has to dispose of the two halfs! So we bought the humane ones, caught 2 and took them to a park a mile away and set them free. But I read on the net that mice hate the smell of lavender, its does something to them, I forget what, so I put some lavender oil on a tissue and left it near where I have seen one and there was a dead mouse there in the morning! Coincidence maybe, but have bought more oil, the house smells like the post office on pension day but have not seen one since, will keep you updated!

Did anyone else know what a moon or diva cup was? Its a plastic alternative to a tampon which you wash and re-use, kind of like a silicone egg cup! I dont know whether I'm freaked out by it or think its a great idea, I just cant believe I've only just found out about it!

No comments:

Followers


jemimasramblings - Blogged

My time

to email me...


L and I 1997

L and I 1997

Dumpling!

Dumpling!