Sunday, 17 June 2007

Day Tripper

Have been neglecting the blog recently, my life feels a little bit tedious at times and I didn't want to write about it! However today was a good day, I have realised recently that I live in my own little bubble of comfort and don't stray outside it much. I go to the same places, shops etc and even my route within shops is the same, the older I get the more I like my habits but they do bore me sometimes!

So on Friday I decided that as I had an all week bus pass I would take the longest bus route to the last stop and have a look around! So I caught it to a town that I know the very centre of but have never been more than a mile of so from the bus stop in the centre. Its a very pretty town which is near countryside and water and just from walking out beyond the town I discovered a whole new world! I walked around a marsh area that has horses and cows living on and stopped to talk to an older couple who told me all about the area and where I could get to from here. I had heard of the places, they are only about 10 miles from where I live but I had never been there, I didn't know what I was missing, I have discovered an amazing area of countryside by the sea that just takes my breath away. Its so nice to go somewhere new, yet I can catch the bus from the top of my road to right there I now realise!

so today I set off with the children so show them, we walked a good deal of the way, Lolly and Dumpling have never walked so far in their lives but it was so much fun. Sadly I didn't take any photos, forgot my camera but we went on a land train and a ferry. Dumpling could barely contain his excitement when we walked up the jetty! But the funniest part of the day was catching a small ferry over s very small stretch of water and Dumpling exclaiming loudly as he disembarked "Wow, so this is what France looks like!" Umm, not quite...

2 comments:

Terroni said...

Sounds like a lovely day!

StarbucksMom said...

StarbucksMom said...
Hi Jenny!
Thanks for the encouragement and comments!
I would love to be added to your blogroll, and maybe, I will figure out how to add you to mine!
(hints welcome!)

lovely to chat with you! looking forward to catching up on your blog!
cheers!

Dani

Followers

My time

to email me...

L and I 1997

L and I 1997

Dumpling!

Dumpling!

Blog Archive